(Mr. Bill F----): "Calm down. She's okay. She got the last ferry out. I think she is heading to your house with some beer. Hello? Are you still there?"
(TomTom): "(Relieved silence.) Thank god. That's good. (Stunned silence returns.)"
(Mr. Bill F----): "It'll be okay. Well, for the most part it will be okay. The powers that be are going to strip us of our civil liberties for awhile. Idiots. But other than that we'll be okay."
This was a conversation I had with a friend who recently passed. The date was 9/11 and he was the first one to snap me out of the zombie/frantic state I was in. And, come to think of it, the first one i know of to foretell the future in regards to our civil rights these days. The "she" I refer to was his own daughter yet he still kept it together better than most. He was always good at throwing humor into the most unlikely of scenarios. You just had to be sharp enough to keep up with him, else you'd miss out on some damn funny stuff. Happy trails Mr. F.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm secretly jealous that you knew him better than I.
Post a Comment